Your privacy is very important to Le Tricoteur Guernsey Ltd.
Le Tricoteur Guernsey Ltd is a Guernsey company registered under No. 67312 (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”)
Our registered office is:
Le Tricoteur Guernsey Ltd, Rocquaine Industrial Estate Unit 2, Le Douit du Moulin, Route de Rocquaine, St Pierre du Bois, Guernsey, GY7 9HS
The Company takes the security and privacy of your data seriously. We need to gather and use information or ‘data’ about you to manage our relationship with you and deliver products and services to you. We will comply with our legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 (the DPA 2018’) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) in respect of your data privacy and security. This policy outlines how we will use, process and store your data and your data rights.
We abide by:
Six data protection principles:
- Lawful, fair and transparent data processing
2. Data collection and processing only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
3. Adequate collection of data which is relevant and limited to what is legally necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
4. Keeping accurate and up to date data, deleting inaccurate or outdated data.
5. Limiting the retention of data for active use for the purposes for which permission has been given.
6. Secure processing of data (including the handling by any 3rdparty partners who help Le Tricoteur Guernsey Ltd to deliver products to you or collect them from you)
What data we collect
Le Tricoteur Guernsey Ltd may collect data from you both directly (Online, on the telephone, by e mail related to requests, account set up or ordering) and indirectly (Cookies – please see section on Cookies below).
Data collected is likely to include:
- Name / Gender (if you open an account with us, order a product, return a product, enter a competition)
- Contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile), email. (if you open an account with us, order a product, return a product, enter a competition)
- Purchases / orders made by you
- Your online browsing activities on our Website (if you choose to use our website and accept our cookies)
- Your account set up password (if you open an account with us)
- When you place an order – your card or payment details
- Your communication and marketing preferences (for News-letter sign up)
- Your feedback if you agree to give us any feedback on our services
- Your location (if you choose to order from us or send a product back)
- On occasions we may need to collect further data from you in order to process a return or a refund or communicate with you about competitions you may choose to enter, when you opt to order our products or to sign up for our Newsletter or enter a competition.
The details you share with us allow us to bring you our latest products and offers and to take your product orders.
How we use your data We recognize your data belongs to you. We use your data for specific purposes when you choose to give it to us. The ways in which we use your personal data and information are:
- Provision of goods and services
- To improve our website for your easier use
- To manage your account – if you choose to create one
- To verify your identity and prevent fraudulent activity
- To contact you if you give permission about offers, competitions and new products
- For customer insight and marketing purposes – with your permission
- To manage refunds and returns if you make any
How we protect your data
We promise to keep your information secure.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have procedures and contracts in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you online.
Sharing your data with our third party service providers We may need to share your data with our service providers, such as delivery and warehouse partners and IT and operating system providers so that we can deliver your order to you. We may also share your data with marketing service providers if you have entered a promotion or competition with us on our website. We will not use your data for any purposes we have not asked your permission about first or made clear in this policy. We ensure contractual obligations are in place with our service providers, which means they can only use your data to provide our services to you and that they also need to keep your data secure.
Restricted sharing with other third parties Outside of our service providers we will not share your data with any other third party, we will never sell or rent our customer data to others for marketing. We may need to share your data with credit reference agencies and payment card issuers (eg: Visa, Master Card, American Express) to organise your payment for our products. We may also from time to time be required to share data with governmental bodies, regulators, courts and insurers to comply with our legal obligations and safeguard our team and or other customers.
In the event of a merger or takeover or change of company ownership we may have to disclose your data to the new owner so that they can continue to provide services to you which you have requested at that time.
Length of time we keep your data We will not retain your data for longer than we need it to provide services you have requested and given permission for. The longest we would hold any data for is 10 years (for financial accounting purposes related to orders you may have made).
Internal management of data
Our internal security measures include:
- Operating system and IT security measures including high level password protection
- Encryption of data
- Internal GDPR policy and contracts with all employees
- External GDPR policy and contracts with all service providers
Regular updates and monitoring of software
How we protect your data Do not log onto your account with us on a computer in a public space, please do this at home or on a secure network.
Keep your Le Tricoteur Guernsey Ltd account passwords protected and do not share them. We suggest you frequently change your passwords. We will never ask for bank details on e mail. Please tell us if you get something which looks as though it is from us asking for this.
Your data rights In accordance with the data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data. A summary of these rights is provided below:
Your right of access: the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
Your right to rectification: the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your data or to complete your information.
Your right to be forgotten: the right to require us to delete your personal data — in certain situations and to delete your account with us.
Your right to restriction of processing: the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data — in certain circumstances, for example if you want to opt out of any marketing communications or cancel your newsletter subscription or if you advise of the inaccuracy of your data.
Your right to data portability: the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party — in certain situations.
Your right to object to processing: the right to object:
- at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing;
- in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg: processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Right to withdraw consent You may at any time decide to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based for specific purposes for which you have given us permission if any, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic marketing message we send to you. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
Right to register a complaint You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you.
To activate your rights To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information below, or click Contact us here or the link on our website.
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, we will ask you to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information (copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties.
We also collect information about browsing patterns and customer journey including monitoring the success of marketing promotions and competitions. We will not monitor any personal information at all.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site.
How to Disable Cookies
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Mozilla Firefox:
1.Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2.Click on the icon “privacy”
3.Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 onwards:
1.Choose the menu “Files”> ”Preferences”
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1.Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet options’
2.Click on the “Privacy” tab
3.Select the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1.Choose settings >Advanced
2.Under “Privacy and security” click “Content settings’.
1.Choose “Preferences” > Privacy
2.Click on “Remove all website data”
Data Protection Office Our Data Protection Officer and Senior team help the teams to ensure we protect your personal data and comply with Data Protection legislation.
If you have any questions about how we use your data which we have not answered here, or if you want to exercise your personal data rights please contact us via our Customer Service team by e mail or telephone both of which can be found in the Contact Us section of our website.
Shopify Standard Cookies
Cookies used for store function:
- ab_ is used in connection with access to admin.
- _secure_session is used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
- Cart is used this in connection with shopping cart.
- cart_sig is used in connection with checkout.
- cart_ts is used in connection with checkout.
- cart_ver is used in connection with the shopping cart.
- checkout_token is used in connection with checkout.
- Secret is used in connection with checkout.
- Secure_customer_sig is used in connection with customer login.
- storefront_digest is used in connection with customer login.
- _shopify_tm is used for managing customer privacy settings.
- _shopify_tw is used for managing customer privacy settings.
- _storefront_u is used to facilitate updating customer account information.
Cookies used for Reporting and Analytics:
- _tracking_consent is used for tracking your preferences.
- _landing_page is used for tracking landing pages.
- _orig_referrer is also used for tracking landing pages.
- _s is used for Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_fs this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_s this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_uniq this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_y this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- _y this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- ab_test_* this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- cart_sig this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- ki_r this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- ki_t this is also used for Shopify analytics.
- _shopify_sa_t shopify this is used for Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
- tracked_start_checkout this is used for Shopify analytics, relating to checkout behaviour.
Should there be 3rd party apps added to the site at a later stage, we will update the policy to list all 3rd party cookies applied.
Google Analytics Cookies
- __utmt Used to throttle request rate.
- __utmv Stores visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor-level custom variable. This cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to send you emails you can change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. We might charge you a small fee to cover our costs for doing this.
If you believe that any information we have about you is wrong or incomplete, please write to or email us and we will correct it.
If you would like to delete your Le Tricoteur account you can easily do this. Please get in touch to find our how.
All of the above is completely in co-ordination of the new GDPR Act 2018.
If you are a retailer and set up an account with us, it is best to check through the different set of terms & conditions written especially for you (sent to you directly, prior to your account going live)